6 Health Benefits Of Ashwagandha (Indian Ginseng), Dosage and Side Effects
Ashwagandha is a complete healthy medicinal herb which allows your body to overcome stress read more....
Improve blood sugar level, mitigate stress or anxiety with Ashwagandha. Below are its benefits which you can comprehend.
1) It's an Ancient Medicinal Herb: Ashwagandha is the most important herbs in Ayurveda, a form of alternative medicine based on the Indian principles of natural healing.
It has been used for 3,000 years to relieve stress, increase energy levels and improve concentration.
2) It Can Reduce Blood Sugar Levels: In several studies, it has proved that Ashwagandha has been shown to lower blood sugar levels.
One test-tube study says that it increased insulin secretion and improved insulin sensitivity in muscle cells
3) It Has Anti-Cancer Properties: Animal and test-tube studies have proved that Ashwagandha helps induce apoptosis, which is the programmed death of cancer cells.
Animal studies also suggest that it may help treat several types of cancer, such as breast, lung, colon, brain and ovarian cancer
4) It Can Reduce Cortisol Levels: Cortisol is called as a "stress hormone" because your adrenal glands release it in response to stress, as well as when your blood sugar levels get very low.
One study revealed that those who took Ashwagandha had significantly greater reductions in cortisol, compared to the control group.
5) It May Help Reduce Stress and Anxiety: Researchers have reported that it blocked the stress pathway in the brains of rats by regulating chemical signaling in the nervous system. You can take 500 to 600 mg for lowering your stress.
6) It Reduces Symptoms of Depression: Although it hasn't been thoroughly studied, a few studies tell that Ashwagandha can help alleviate depression.